Wednesday, October 26, 2016

When Life Gets Boring

 
I've always had a love for creating and sewing dolls . . . I hang them, place them around the house  . . . even doing the holidays I'll mixed them in with my decorations, give them as gifts too.  I never seem to get tired of them  . . . I've sold many at craft shows over the years, too many to count, but when I look at them lately, they all start to look the same, just a different color I guess.

 
It's funny I thought I would never get tired or bored making them, but I'm starting to.  I think when you are a young mother raising children, creating this whimsical environment for them is sort of something normal to do, at least for me it was.  I think I coming into a chapter in my life where this might go to the wayside.  I hope not, I don't think I would have anything else to do in my down time, sewing/crafting always has been something I do. It was my peace, my get-a-way.


I've had a calling on my life for a some time now, even with all the commotion that was going on, to get involved with womens prison ministry.  I feel that is something I can do. I have no idea how I'm going to get into that, but I feel God will guide me through prayer.   I've always had a strong connection to young mothers, to women in general when it comes to the word of God.  Before Dave my husband passed away, I used to teach a small bible study to the women in my family once a week and truly enjoyed it.


After Dave passed away and life all of a sudden change drastically, at the time I thought for the worse, was actually for the better. I had to experience some gut wrenching life events to realized that.  Always easier to look back, review and learn.

 
I moved away from my faith, my love for God always remained strong.  I just didn't pick up my bible as much, wasn't attending church that often, let alone get involved in church events. Also,  I met someone that became very special to me and I step off  that horrific world of mine into whole other world.  I was so tired of life it self, I just wanted a break.


This is what I've been doing up to a week ago when I was looking at my blog the other day and realized it's been awhile since I took the time to praise God and post something about it.  When I looked back at my posting they were all about my crafting, touring on the motorcycle with Rexy,  decorating, the new kitchen . . . it was about me and that was so boring.


I do know this, by having an active relationship with God makes my life so much more interesting, worthy.  Sharing the word makes my world so much more happier.  I'm a new neighbor and a new employee here in Mission Viejo. I need to make some new friends in this new location. Sometimes I so miss my old life before Dave passed away.  I think I miss the routine, thinking nothing would ever change and life would stay whimiscal  . . . it shattered to a million pieces. So here I am starting over again, trying to build some normal in this life. A new address again, a new relationship, and I guess a new beginning.  My kids aka grown up adults living their own lifes now and no longer share a roof with me anymore, sort of makes me sad in a silly way.  They were my whole life for a very long time.  Even the dog is gone now . . . oh my.

On that thought . . . Rexy I think we need to get a dog . . . lol!  Blessings xo

"By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life" . . . (Psalm 42:8)

1 comment:

  1. I love it... God is truly amazing. He has good things in store for you. Just remember that even when you walked away from everything God was still there waiting for you. It is on my heart to tell you that God is going to start healing you. I went back and forth weather to call you or post it on your blog but I need to post it here. Maybe someone else needs to know that God is healing them as well.

    ReplyDelete