Happy B-Day little brother . . . there's nothing like the love between siblings . . I only have one brother, but he's the best. He's the most caring, thoughtful person, more than willing to always help someone in need, not just family or friends but even a stranger and ever so humble about it . . I only admire your humility Junior. God has blessed you with that gift. Blessings to you today kiddo!
Mom and I went to the garage sales Saturday and I found this wonderful side table/cabinet with three drawers. Its in excellent condition with no scratches on it, perfect to store my bible study materials in it. I put it in the den next to the fireplace . . really like it. I also found a brand new, still in the box, bamboo roman shade for my back door off the wash room, perfect measurements, got lucky with that one. I got the side table for 35.00 and the roman shade for 3.00. I'm happy!
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal; But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven . . . For where your treasures is, there will your heart be also" Matthew 6:19-21
Hey I'm back from Davis . . Brian graduated this past weekend. I'm so proud of my youngest son, he is officially a chemist. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful, 80's and clear blue skies.
Those are my three boys (Mr. Grumpy included) and the one below is little sister Cassandra with her brothers.
We had a wonderful time . . just being with my kids is nice, we celebrated Brian's graduation by going to a dinner house in downtown Sacramento, called "McCormick & Schmick's", I was lucky enough to take some pics of this family of mine, telling them this is for my blog . .
It was so pretty in downtown Sacramento . . .
While we were in Davis, my oldest son Davey, attended a commissioning ceremony for a college friend in Lafayette. So since we were so close to Tahoe, we decided to drive up there Sunday afternoon and spent the night . . . the drive was beautiful, the views were wonderful.
Ok, where my eyes go, I don't like taking pictures . . but I love taking them of my family.
We had such a good time together . . Brian decided that he wants to stay in the Bay area and live there, he will continue to work in the lab over the Summer and with God's grace find a good job this Fall. I praise God for all the goodness he gives us!
Ok, I know I've been talking about myself a lot lately . . my friend Mary aka Purple Cow at "Australian in Athens" passed this beautiful award to me . . , that's two awards now . . Ok, whats going on here? I never really thought my blog was that interesting, the majority of it, is me talking about those kids of mine and their lives. Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts each of you have commented on my blog . . . you all really make a difference in my everyday life . . blogging is the best . . . Lots of love to you Mary :O)!
Part of this award is stating 10 things that I love . . .
1. Unexpected calls from my sister Debbie for breakfast at Molly's Cupboard in Old Town Upland, this place is a vintage style house (real house) from the early 1900's, each room including the porch is part of the restaurant, we love sitting in the screened porch . . lots of good times and especially good conversations. The food is delicious, yum yum!
2. Being with all my kids and Mr. Grumpy going out to a dinner house, watching a good movie in the den, making breakfast all together. I just love to listen to all of them talk with each other, laugh together and having a good time. Sometimes just listening to them and not saying a word.
3. Sitting with my dog "Buttons" and talking to her . . who knows if she understands a word.
4. Getting up early Saturday morning and going to Garage Sales.
5. Bread and coffee . . especially Mexican sweet bread.
6. Our Annual Christmas Party
7. A clean house with all the windows open and a breeze blowing in and hearing the birds sing . . sorts of sounds like Snow White, doesn't it?
8. Sewing a new doll creation
9. New shoes :O)
10. Getting a new hair-do!
The other part is to nominate 10 blogs for this award . . .
House of Whimsy
The Comforts of Home
Crown of Beauty
Sweet Cottage Dreams
Seabold Vintage Market
Ok, I think that's enough talking about me . . . Have a Happy Wednesday!
Ok, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude . . thank you Ro from Soft Winds & Roses for the blog award . . this is my very first one that I have received. I've have met some really nice people in blog world, it has done more for me personally in my life . . it makes me happy to chat with people all over the world and just touch base with them daily with maybe just a simple word or two. It's definitely a "life lifter"! Ro, I've tried to leave a comment on your blog . . but it won't accept it, it's probably me doing something incorrectly. I hope you get a chance to read this post and thanks again! Oh, don't forget to hug "Deezer & Bella" for me, those are some real cuties . . .
Part of this award is to share 10 things about me . . this is a big one for me, where do I start?
1. God is my best friend . . my whole life is centered around my faith.
2. I'm nuts about my kids (grown kids), best thing I ever did in my life :O)
3. Married my high school sweetheart . . Dave aka "Mr. Grumpy"
4. Love to sew and create whimsical things . . child like.
5. I'm a neat freak . . almost over-board to the point of irritating my family, I can't think unless everything is in order . . sort of weird isn't it?
6. I dream of living by the beach one day again . . best childhood memories.
7. Still can get so excited over the little things . . . gratitude works for me.
8. I teach a family bible study with my Mom, sisters and cousins once a week.
9. Crashed my sister Debbie's first car, the very first time I drove it . . she never really got mad at me . . Thanks for the memory Deb!
10. I have an addiction to home decor magazines, but yet my house decor never changes, go figure.
In addition to the above, I have to pass this award to 10 blogs that I recently discovered and are fantastic, well here they are - Enjoy!
WHOSYERGURL - Mutterings from a midwest gal
Funky Junk Sisters (FJS Show)
The Vintage Rose
roxanne the artist!
Jane and the happy crow
BrOwN EyEd fOx
Yes, going to a graduation up at Davis next weekend . . as you know my youngest son Brian is graduating. Don't ask me what I'm going to wear now, I thought I had an outfit all picked out . . . I was actually going to wear a dress for the first time in a long time . . I've been working out and feeling good about myself, but my kids only know me in pants when it's a special occasion. Being a career woman for a long time and working the majority of that time with men, I always wore pants. I was so excited to wear this dress, took me forever to find one that I liked, until Davey, my oldest came in my bedroom and seen it hanging on the closet door and said, Mom, you're not going to wear that . . are you? I'm not the type to really listen to anyone or would bother to ask someone their opinion, but when my kids tell me something, why do I question myself, why? What . . am I going to look like an alien in that dress . . will I stick out in a crowd and look odd, who cares . . but I do when one of those kids of mine say something to me.
Well, you know those old "reliables" the "uniform"that we have hanging in our closet, black pants, black tank, lavender cardigan, black boots and my old faithful pearl bracelet and earrings, I guess that will do. Talking about karma . . . I remember doing the same thing to my Mom . . too funny!
Spirit filled, always loving on my kids, my heart goes to anything tattered, something about being worn out I love. Living this life of mine with a special someone by my side, feeling very blessed to have him too. Passionate about sewing and arts. firstname.lastname@example.org