Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Over the holiday and into Sweethearts Day . . . never ending!

 Well Happy New Year 2020!  I have a funny feeling about this upcoming year, something exciting is going to happen, don’t know what it is yet . . . but I can feel it LOL!

Started this year off with surgery, don’t ask me where all that excitement above came from  . . .  but my intuition is usually right on.  What kind of surgery?  You know, the big “H” surgery, women usually have it after 60.  Anyways, feeling very sore and bored at the same time.  Been sewing a lot lately getting ready for Valentines Day.

Hearts are one of my favorite things to make . . .  some of these have been with me forever, always fun to pull out and display.






The beading work on this heart was so much fun to do, always love adding the detail to anything I create.  I poked my finger a little too often with this one . . . ouch!



 This heart above reminds me so much of my Grandma . . . a mustard colored heart with some vintage grosgrain beige ribbon.  My Auntie and Mom came for a visit and that lovely little heart went home with Auntie.  It always feels good when someone falls in love with something you created.

Sure appreciated the flowers, the visits and gifts I have been receiving since I’ve had the surgery.  It was such a nice feeling and felt so loved.


I glad I decorated before my surgery, if I had done it after, I don’t think I would have had the energy LOL!


I love to collect vintage postcards . . . preferably German made, early 30’s . . these are two of my favorite.  They are just the sweetest.



Found these calling cards from the late 1800’s with my Mom, years ago, at an estate sale.  They are very fragile, I try not to handle them too often.


  As the years have gone by, the chenille trim on these have faded a tad.




Rexy and I went antique shopping at the Lake Elsinore Historic District about a month ago and found some goodies out there.  One of our finds, were these simple metal frames, added some paper art for Valentines and loved how they turned out.


The weather these days has warmed up a little, you know how spoiled we are here in Southern California.  It was nice to sit in the patio and enjoy the view.  



Once I find out what all the excitement I feel for 2020 . . I’ll let you know LOL!  Lots of blessing and have a wonderful rest of the week  xoxo


He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much:  and he the is unjust in the least is unjust also in much   Luke 16:10

No comments:

Post a Comment