Monday, December 5, 2011

Some Christmas around the house . . . some fun creations too!

I love to collect vintage postcards  . . . especially the ones that have writing on it.  I have some as old as a 100 years. Life was so much more simple back then. Sometimes it's the little things that bring us so much joy, vintage postcards are the best.  Next to the stack of postcards is one of my top hat pin cushions.  The pic below is some vintage Christmas pieces on my sofa table with some mercury glass candle holders.  Remember that oil painting on the right,  I found at the rummage sale with my Mom a little over a year ago, it only cost me a dollar.  So loving it with the Christmas decor.  I wished my Blackberry took better pics, I know I really need to invest in a good camera.


Enjoyed creating this jolly guy, named him "Santa at the Circus"



Can't get enough cute, a Christmas doll too!


A very dear friend of mine invited me to a woman's event at Calvary Church last Thursday evening and I so enjoyed it, wonderful speaker and very inspirational  . . . good way to start off this Christmas season, letting God be the center of it.  Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful season that is upon us.  Blessings :O)

6 comments:

  1. The vintage postcards are beautiful Sandy. Seeing them helps imagine the simple life of 100 years ago. Your tophat pin cushion, Santa and ornaments are such warm touches for your home. Looks like you're off to a beautiful season! xoxo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love vintage postcards, too...wish people still sent those:) Wishing you lots of holiday cheer, dear Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas decors, Sandy!

    I continue to pray for you, esp in this season...

    Have a beautiful advent season.

    Love
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dolls. Love them. I had a dear friend who made me an angel like these. She has been gone for 7 years. I miss her all the time...but this made me remember her and her dolls. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, love the spirit of vintage too! Ahh your pics are beautiful. A message of joy. And too what you were talking about on my post. AMEN. I feel the same way. Thank you for your message. WOW, if you could have heard me when I read it, S-I-G-H with a smile and a peaceful feeling "yes, Sandy, yes" much love sent to you during the season. Sharon (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely treasured pieces and the get-together is a wonderful way to start off the Holidays.

    Hugs!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete