Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vintage ornaments make me happy!


 Hope all you guys are having a wonderful Christmas season . . . and all the goodies that come with it also.  You all know how much I love vintage Christmas ornaments, here a pic of my newest find at St. Mathews Thrift Shop in Ocean Park.  I found it over this past Summer with my Mom and sister Jeri visiting from Texas.  It cost me a whole 2.00 dollars.  Loving it :O)




 This santa in this pic is one of my oldest vintage glass ornaments and it still has a lot of color to it.  Some spots have faded, but it's still in pretty good condition.

I have a funny story to tell you about this santa . . . I had just hung him on my little tree and my oldest son, Davey came and sat down next to me and I started to tell him the history of it.  Well,  Davey moved and his foot hit the Santa and it flew off the tree.  Davey caught it in the air and we looked at each other and both started laughing.  It was so funny.  I love all my santa's but I sure do miss this one, my husband Dave aka Mr. Grumpy.


Family is everything . . . make every moment count.  Blessings :O)

2 comments:

  1. Awww Sandy that just made me tear up! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas regardless!! I can just imagine the look on your son's face when he caught that ornament..lol!

    P.S Drinking my spiked egg nog right now...hee,hee!

    Sandy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year is always a little bit sad remembering loved ones that have gone on before us, but I know especially sad for a loss still as recent as yours Sandy. But it must help when you experience such fun times with your family like with the santa ornament. I could totally picture the whole scene the way you described it...that was so funny! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete