Saturday, February 16, 2013

Something sweet to cross-stitch . . .


I've been finding the cutest pics and inspiration on Pinterest lately . . .


I found the pic above on Pinterest, I believe it's from Country Living Magazine.  It inspired me to put a small grouping of stitchery together.  I found this vintage Mother's Day card below and fell in love with it.  This vintage card was from a posting on The Vintage Moth blog.  I thought I would try to cross-stitch it.  I really enjoyed this, putting the colors together is always the fun part of the project.  This is not quite complete but it is turning out so pretty. I added some french knots to it for little flower touch, the size is 3 X 5, sort of has a colonial touch to it.


Here some pics of the progress, haven't really shopped for any frames yet.  Hoping I can find some vintage ones.    




1 comment:

  1. Awww... the wiener dog really melted my heart! I just love dachsies, I had one,named Kiwi, that died about ten years ago, and then got another one to replace him, her name is Patches, and also a mix half dachshund half Basset hound, named Samantha. She's really cute with her sad eyes and huge front paws, but a bigger than usual wiener dog. And the counted cross stitch project is such a cutie as well. I am glad to see all these lovely creations of yours!

    ReplyDelete