Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Last of the Holidays . . . Terror for the Eggnog Cake at the Christmas Dinner!

 
Food is a big thing in my family  . . . Christmas dinner was the best!  I decided I would make a three layer cake, first time, of course.  It's looks like it tilted a little, but the eggnog cake was delicious.  Funny how the word "Terror" is in the pic of the cake.  I thought for sure the top layer would slip.

I was so excited to use my new Christmas dishes, Johnson Brothers, "Friendly Village".  Our Christmas menu was baked ham, mashed potatoes with mushrooms and gravy, green beans with almonds, spinach salad and cranberries . . . yum yum!

Cooking on the new stove is always a treat, really enjoying it.

Do you see the gold box . . . Sees candies is a staple around the homestead during the holidays :O)  It sort of happens when your daughter works for Sees.  Spinach salad was yummy too.

I used a new glaze on the ham this year . . . "Crosse & Blackwell", ham glaze with cherries.  Will definitely use this glaze next year. 



Always hard when it's time to say goodbye to my kids aka adult children.  I have a feeling next year will be a little different.  Number two son appears to have met someone special . . . so happy for him!
Hope your holiday was a beautiful one . . . blessings! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment