Sunday, October 22, 2017

Take a peek into my favorite place . . . my sewing room :O)

 As you all know I love to create things, stuff, dolls . . . it's a fire that burns in me, especially this time of the year. I get so excited to make things for my friends, my love ones and always my kids aka adult kids. These photos are from my sewing room,  sort of dark, they were taken early this morning. 

Sometimes when I sit down at my sewing table, I never know what I'm going to make.  In the pic above is an old paper clip box from the 40's I believe. I found it at a rummage sale, I have a weakness for them.  Made it look like a box for a present to Jesus for Christmas.  Added a little tree to the top of it along with a name tag.  These creations are "nothings" but they make me smile :O)  I have no ideal what I'm going to do with it, maybe add it to a doll or set it somewhere in the house.
 
 I've been blessed enough to have a sewing and craft room again  . . . I've missed it, believe it or not having a place to craft in my one bedroom apartment with my daughter Cassandra was pretty tough for awhile, but I got through it.  I used to craft on my kitchen table.  Even my one bedroom apartment was decorated too for the holidays.  When will I ever stop, sort of funny now . . . LOL!

 It easy to get loss when you're creating or sewing something  . . . your imagination runs just wild sometimes . . . but it's always fun.  My Mom was having a garage sale and was selling these framed needlepoint pansey designs, I grabbed them and turned one into a pin cushion.  Had this one forever and I used it all the time  . . . love it. 


 I have an obsession with seam binding, vintage of course, can't get enough of it, I used it on everything. 

 I used Rex's old workbench from his job as my sewing and crafting table, I like it.  Everything is sort of stacked around me, cozy I might say.

My current cross stitch project, hopefully I can complete it before Thanksgiving, I have a shelf above the dinning room table for displaying cute stuff I thought this might look nice up there.  It matches my holiday dishes.  I've added some gold beading too, hard to see in this photo. 

Tried a new restaurant yesterday called "Slapfish" very good I might say.  Definitely will go again.  Cassandra and I visited the outlets at San Clemente yesterday and had so much fun there too.  Have a blessed Sunday and may God's favor be over your life xo





No comments:

Post a Comment