Tuesday, January 29, 2013

He really loves on us . . .


Have you ever wondered why things aren't moving any quicker.  Here I go again.  Sometimes God waits on us to see what we are going to do.  Maybe its to see what we have learned so far in our lives.  Would we turn our back on him, would we not believe in him anymore, would we doubt him.   When we are waiting on God to act in our situation, trial or whatever is challenging us at the moment, this is when God actually does his best work in you.  Trial or challenge is like walking through a dark valley.  Sit in that valley as scary as it might be or feel.  Don't run from it, stay there. You'll start to see and know things about yourself that you have never really noticed before.  The longer we sit in the fire the more less scared we become.  There's a beauty that develops inside of you.  People around you will notice it, learn from it, want to be like it . . . they'll start to desire that in there life.  Now that I walked through some fires in this life of mine, I'm talking about some big ones, I can clearly see how God has never left me and was always by my side.  In trial or challenge, you will always benefit.  God is the great restorer and will always deliver you out of your trial or challenge, he will lead you out of that dark valley.   I want to look back at this life and know that I ran the race as best as I could . . . knowing that I pleased him.  Pleasing him just feels right . . . feels complete.  Like its the right kind of "finish".

"Remember that the Lord has chosen the righteous for his own, and he hears me when I call to him" Psalm 4:3

2 comments:

  1. It's the right kind of finish... I love that line, dear Sandy.

    And I can relate to your words, because I too have been through fires, big ones... small ones... and have sat through them. But it is true what God says, that when we go through the fire we will not be burned.

    In fact you are so right, the less fearful we become, and more able to trust our Father.

    Blessings on you as another month comes to an end.

    Love
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Sandy.
    There have been times in my life when I have wanted something that isn't right for me. And God has put it away from me- almost as if an electronic garage door goes down before me. "NO." It is difficult to understand at the time but later when I learn why I wasn't allowed to have what I desired and learn why God says no, I am always happy and relieved. Like "shew" He kept me out of that one! xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete