Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Patiently Waiting


Have you ever come to that point in your life where nothing from the past works anymore?  I mean, I'm ok, healthy because of God's grace  . . definitely.  My kids are all good, moving forward in there lives, some moving quicker than the other, which is natural and in God's plan.  They belong to God anyways, they certainly don't belong to me.  You all know how much I love to sew and create things, such as dolls and such.  Loving the cross stitch lately.  But I notice these things don't keep me satisfied anymore, not like they used too.  God has been speaking to my heart again and tells me to dream.  I don't know about what? So I prayed and asked him to show me.  Like I said in an earlier post, I am waiting in anticipation . . . as "PATIENTLY" as I can.   Please answer me God.  It's almost like I have to learn how to dream again, I think I've forgotten how to :O)

Even returning to work, I tried to go back to what I did in the past and I never got back.  So I did Property Management for awhile and really enjoyed it.  The only bad thing about that was you are constantly on call including weekends and after hours, which was sort of "the normal".  I did Accounting for a short time and realized how much I hated numbers and columns.  Now working only part time for an agency.  Attended a grief class for a short time at the new church.  I really don't feel like I need that anymore.  That's a good thing, really.

God's timing is not fast, he moves very slowly sometimes, well he certainly isn't on our schedule, but his.  I know when I get there, it's going to be wonderful, certainly not anything I could ever imagine.  Isn't that what he promises us?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6


1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Sandy. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    God has something wonderful in store for you. He's drawing you closer to His heart.

    ReplyDelete